New York, NY – April 20, 2011 – PerTrac, the leading provider of analytics, reporting and communications software for investment professionals, announced the release of its latest industry study,Sizing The 2010 Hedge Fund Universe: A PerTrac Study. The study indicates that the single-manager hedge fund industry recovered in 2010 with assets under management (AUM) increasing [...]
Published on FINalternatives (http://www.finalternatives.com)
Guest Post: Ron Suber is senior partner and head of global sales and marketing for Merlin Securities, a leading prime brokerage services and technology provider for hedge funds and managed account platforms. The following was published on FINalternatives and is based on a presentation by Ron Suber at Hedge Funds: Getting to [...]
Latest intelligence from CS Tremont – strong peformance, assets coming in
Recap of Oct. 6, 2009 Hedgeworld panel on “Pitching Investors”
Latest Editorial Board contribution to All About Alpha, the official CAIA blog.
Hedge funds attracting more institutions, fewer private investors.
- Process-driven investing, regulatory burdon, method of access all lead to a level of sophistication for direct investing or through FOFs.
Hedge Funds: More money coming in than out for the first time in a while.
Goldman CFO calls bottom of redemptions.
- The environment for hedge fund seeders has changed dramatically over the last 12 months
- There are now fewer seeders in the market
- Even established funds are looking for seed capital after redemptions have hit their funds
- Some start ups have suffered as their original seeders have withdrawn from the market
- Investors are more stringent than ever before on issues such as corporate governance, use of third party administrators and transparency
From Today’s FT
June 3, 2009
FT.com / UK – Hedge fund industry climbs its ’slope of enlightenment’.
I have been talking about the evolution of the industry for some time.
I have pulled out the last 4 paragraphs. Excellent summary of the state of the industry and the path forward.
From 2002 until late 2007, a growing wave of [...]